Sunday 26 June 2011

Freshen Up Your Act!

Insalata di Cetrioli, Noce Pesca e Peperoni Rossi
Cucumber, Nectarine and Red Pepper Salad


Here's another little quickie for you... a mouth-watering appetizer or a fruity-spicy-lighter-than-lighty lunch! The sun is shining again today in Frankfurt at last and I am in the mood for a little pick-me-up and a reminder that it IS actually Summer! So, armed with a few fresh ingredients and a little impatience, I decided to whip me up a refreshing Summer salad in less time than it takes to wash a lettuce...

Because I am not intending to use any lettuce!

I am not much of a dancer, but any good D.J. will tell you that it is all "in the mix"- and that's what this salad is all about. So get ready to boogie- because this is a cool re-mix that will be a real hit at your next dinner party!


As usual, I am going to use products that are in season. The sweetness of nectarine, the freshness of the cucumber, the mild tang of the red pepper and the aroma of the basil and celery just go together so well! The only other things I added were a few slices of spring onion greens, a little fresh thyme, a light grind of chili flakes and a sprinkle of sea salt. The salad is dressed in olive oil and lime juice and drizzled with honey before serving. That's about all there is to it!

Simple, quick, cheap, refreshing, healthy, foolproof... need I say more?
Good!
Just go ahead and try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment