Tuesday 7 June 2011

Thyme and Thyme again...

Sfizzichini di Timo con Formaggio di Capra e Miele
Bite Size Snacks with Goats Cheese, Honey and Thyme


I seem to have a lot of thyme on my hands at the moment. I am looking at my kitchen windowsill and wondering what I was thinking at the farmers market on Saturday. Sigh! This is much too much for one man alone! But the truth of the matter is- I really love thyme! It is one of my favorite herbs and goes so well with so many things. One of the all-time classics though, is the combination of a nice, mild goats cheese, honey and thyme. You can't go wrong with this as a little appetizer and you will have these put together in 20 minutes max- and that can only be a good thing!

Yes, I told you I had a lot of the stuff! And I particularly like it when it has lots of those pretty little blossoms- it just looks amazing! Most people tend not to use it when that happens- but I am with Jamie Oliver on this one and find it nicer that way. I made these little "crackers" on my Teflon pan again. I simply took some pre-made pizza dough and rolled it out a little flatter than usual. I cut it into little squares of around 2" x 2" and laid them out onto my hot grill pan. After only 1-2 minutes the dough began to rise and brown and it was at this point that I flipped them over. 


Keep a careful eye on them and keep flipping them until they are evenly brown- this will only take 5 minutes or so- this really can't even be described as cooking!


In just a matter of minutes, you will be able to prepare enough of these things to help you to down a couple of cocktails before you get around to dinner!


Don't go overboard with the cheese as it does tend to be salty. You may also like to use feta or even some grana cheese- it really is up to you. Sprinkle generously with thyme and drizzle with honey... and a good time will be had by all! Sometimes less is more- and less work for you, means more fun with your guests! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment