Saturday 12 November 2011

Trio Grande

Petto di Pollo con Rucola Fritta, Fagioli con Caperi & Pomodoro Secco, e un Sugo di Pomodoro al' Arancia
Chicken Breast with Sautéed Arugula, White Beans with Dried Tomatoes, Spring Onions and Capers and a Tomato/Orange Sauce


This is another one of those impressive and delicious-looking dishes that is actually a lot easier to make than you would think. The ingredients are simple, but the combination is pretty damned good!

The only "tricky" thing in this recipe is the sauce. The arugula was simply wilted down, with a little olive oil, garlic, a pinch of salt and sugar and a light grating of nutmeg. Easy! The beans were simply fried, together with capers and sun- dried tomatoes, again a little garlic, but I seasoned these with fresh thyme, a little lemon juice and a hint of sugar!


The chicken breast itself, I fried in a little clarified butter with my Salt of the Earth, herb and spice-infused  salt and towards the end, a little drizzle of honey and Thyme. This really was all about keeping things simple!


The sauce I made by frying a little orange zest together with crushed garlic and finely chopped shallots. I added a good teaspoon of 5-Spice powder and a teaspoon of tomato paste and stirred everything together well. I deglazed the saucepan with a small splash of orange juice, then added a little chicken stock and little honey. I added salt, pepper and a little dark, toasted paprika powder- yummy!

I let it render down and simmer away until it had a nice consistency and sheen to it. I then served it all up, by pouring the sauce out first and then setting the other 3 ingredients on top as you can see in the picture. Like I said- this is a great combination of very simple ingredients to make one whole, wonderful meal!And a great Saturday evening meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment