Wednesday 20 June 2012

Creamy and Dreamy!

Dolce con Crema di Limone, Menta, Ricotta Fresca & Avocado
Lemon, Lime, Mint, Avocado & Cheese-Curd Cream


Yes, I think that those two words pretty-well describe this simple Summer dessert! Additional words I would also use would be refreshing, delicious and light! Oh... and one of my other favorite words in the kitchen- Quick!

I had a lovely, ripe avocado and I needed to do something wonderful with it, before it became too ripe... which would have been a real shame. So instead, I improvized this little whipped cheese-curd dish, with a handful of finely chopped fresh mint and plenty of lime juice... set between two circles of shortbread- what could be easier or yummier?


I split the avocado, removed the stone, took off 2 slices to use as a garnish later and chopped the rest into small pieces. I sprinkled both the slices and the chunks in lemon juice to keep them from going brown. I then added 2 tablespoons of low-fat cheese curs to the chopped avocado, along with a handful of finely chopped mint, the zest and juice of a lime and 1 tablespoon of Stevia and a teaspoon of instant gelatin powder. I whisked this mixture at the top speed for a full 5 minutes, until it became a lush, rich, sweet and tangy cream... yum!

I then used a metal ring to cut out 2 circles from a store-bought shortbread pie base. I set one circle back into the ring and then spooned in most of the cream. I then set the other circle of shortbread on top and pressed it down. After an hour in the fridge it was firm and cool enough to remove the ring carefully. I spooned the remaining cream on top and then placed the 2 slices on top of that as my garnish. Some lemon zest, which I had dropped into boiling sugar-water for 2-3 minutes previously, along with a couple of leaves of mint were the finishing touches. And what a wonderful treat it turned out to be too! Simply delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment