Sunday 17 June 2012

Oven-Bake Pancake Re-Make!

Tortina alla Cannella, con Pesca e Cumquat
Oven-Baked Cinnamon Pancake with Peach and Cumquats


Only on a Sunday... that is usually the only day I ever have a chance to have a real breakfast- otherwise I am a get up and get to work kind of guy and I have my first coffee of the day at my desk... so I like to make my Sunday breakfasts into little treats. Even something as simple as a pancake.

Basically, that is all that this little dish is- a classic pancake batter, spiced up with plenty of cinnamon and a hint of nutmeg... with some fresh peach and cumquat to make it deliciously fruity and Summery! I think this makes an otherwise yummy though simple breakfast, not a bit more complicated, but a little bit more special. And that can only be a good thing, right?


Basically, I have already just told you all you need to know to make this- but here is the method in step-by-step for you anyway. This was as usual, an individual serving and didn't take much in the way of ingredients. I made the batter out of 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and a half cup of milk. I stirred the milk into the flour first and added the egg once that was smooth- so as to avoid any lumps happening. I added a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of Stevia, a teaspoon of cinnamon and a hint of nutmeg... whisked it all up well and let it sit for 5-10 minutes- easy!


Next, I poured 2/3rds of the batter into my baking dish and then arranged the fruit decoratively, trying to make sure that some of it remained visible and that everything didn't just sink and disappear. I added the last of the batter at the end, once I felt comfortable with the way it looked... it is a lot easier than fishing down in there with you fingers to re-arrange things!

I baked it in a pre-heated oven at 359°F for 20 minutes and then took it out, added a light drizzle of honey and then popped it back in for 1-2 minutes to brown... and a quick and easy, delicious breakfast was once again served! Pancakes are yummy... but this was almost yummier! Give it a go and see for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment