Sunday 17 March 2013

Fluffy Golden Monkey Chunks

Fritella Decadente di Banana, Mandorla, Uva Secca & Fiocchi d'Avena
Decadent Banana, Almond  & Raisin Oatmeal Pancake


Some Sunday morning silliness in the title of this post I suppose... and plenty of fun in the kitchen making this little breakfast treat... but I am deadly serious when I tell you how delicious it was! Mmmm- mm! I was thinking of making pancakes... had ripe bananas in the house as is always the case come Sundays... and then thought something fluffier still might make a nice change, but something more substantial too...

So take a look at that picture- and can you believe I made this yummy pancake using just 1 egg? Isn't that amazing!?!?! With just a few other ordinary ingredients and half a banana, I whipped together this wonderful weekend treat in just 20 minutes or so. Want to know how? Yeah... of course you do! Ok, here we go!



I made the pancake by whisking together the egg white until it was nice and fluffy and in a separate bowl, the egg yolk, together with 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt, 3 tablespoons of flour  and a teaspoon of baking powder. Once they were nicely mixed, I added these to the fluffy egg whites, along with a teaspoon of Stevia (you can use sugar if you wish) and a half teaspoon of cinnamon. I folded the mixture together and then added the oatmeal- about 4 tablespoons in all, little by little, until the batter was a nice, light, fluffy mix.

I poured the batter into a small frying pan which I buttered very lightly and let it begin to sizzle. As soon as I saw the outer edges changing color and beginning to get firmer, I dropped the diced banana, raisins and almond slices decoratively on top, then transferred the pan into my pre-heated oven  (approx. 300°F) for a further 5-6 minutes or so, until it was nicely puffed up and golden brown. I added just a light drizzle of honey and was ready to go in next to no time! You may prefer powdered sugar or cream or both... but whatever you do you are going to love it! I insist!

No comments:

Post a Comment