Thursday 30 May 2013

Well Dressed for the Summer!

Condimento Piccante per Insalate con Ajvar & Yogurt
Spicy Ajvar & Yogurt Salad Dressing


Our Summer is taking it's time getting under way this year, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from making a salad today! Even though I still have a cold, even though the sun is never around for very long- I had lovely, sweet, yellow cocktail tomatoes, crisp arugula and fresh cucumber in the fridge- and that sounded like lunch to me!

Still, the main question when it comes to salads is... what dressing? And I have to say that when it comes to salads, I am more of a purist, opting for a vinaigrette or a simple oil and vinegar affair with a little honey maybe... except today I decided to try something out. Simple but scrumptious and healthy too! 


I made the dressing from 4 tablespoons of plain, low-fat yogurt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of spicy Ajvar, 1 teaspoon of honey and the juice of 1 lime... simple! A little salt and pepper and a good stir and I have to say, that was one tasty dressing! A few flakes of chili made it extra yummy and lifted the cool, fresh flavors of the cucumber and tomato...  and yes folks, it was just delicious!

Try it an see!

No comments:

Post a Comment