Thursday 19 March 2015

That's the Way I Like It!

Pizza "Bianca" Croccante con Salami Piccante, Zucchina, Peperone & Feta
"White" Crispy Pizza, with Spicy Salami, Zucchini, Red Pepper & Feta Cheese


Yesireebob, it was snack-night again tonight! No fussing, no complicated cooking, just something easy to make and yummy to eat... perfect after a hard day's work!

For me, the roll of pre-made pizza dough in the fridge is like the bread that most people keep at home- ready to be used to make a snack at any time. But being as I hardly ever eat bread, I always keep this at home because I simply prefer to use it to make a hat snack than to make a sandwich... hate me for it if you must- but doesn't this little makeshift pizza look great?


 

I am a huge fan of pizza without tomato sauce- and as you well know by now, I am absolutely not a fan of loads of drippy, oozy cheese... nope! That's just not me- nor ever will be!

My favorite white pizza is simply olive oil, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper and a little Parmesan cheese... but this here little treat wasn't bad either! In fact- it wasn't bad at all!


 

To make 2 of these individual sized pizza's, I needed 1 roll of pizza dough, 1 small red pepper, 1/2 of y yellow zucchini (color doesn't matter at all!), 1 small onion, 2-3" of spicy salami, 1/2 of a Feta cheese and some fresh basil and oregano.

 

Just a little of each topping goes a long way- because, let's face it- there is plenty on top of this thing to give it plenty of flavor! This is the way I prefer my pizza- more flavor and less excess!

 

Start off by slicing up all of the ingredients thinly.

 

Pop them together, with no added oil, into a dry, non-stick frying pan- the salami has plenty of fat to coat everything lightly and let everything brown gently. Just 3-4 minutes is enough, until the onion and zucchini become translucent.

Now turn on the oven to get nice and hot whilst this cools off- and go fetch that roll of pizza dough!


 

Begin by sprinkling just a little Feta cheese on the dough before laying out the other ingredients evenly, including of course the basil and oregano and then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.

Feel free to add a little pepper if your salami is not as hot and spicy as this one was... wow! But otherwise, there should be plenty of salt by way of the Feta cheese and salami- so at this point you are ready to go!

Bake in a really hot oven- mine was set at the maximum of 200°C, for around 15 minutes until crispy and golden brown. If your oven takes a little longer- don't worry... the only thing you need to do is have the temperature set high and you will be fine!


 

You want your oven to be hot, hot, hot! Remember- those stone ovens at the pizzeria get waaaay hotter than yours or mine ever will!

 

And I don't know about you... but I think this looks pretty delicious in my own little humble opinion!

 

Almost frazzled to a crisp, those thin, thin slices of salami are rich, crunchy and unbelievably delicious... and you had better believe it! Haha!

 

Now,  how did that old song go?

"That's the way, uh-hu-uh-hu, I like it!"

And I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment