Sunday 26 April 2015

Slightly Decadent

Crespellone Soffice con Lamponi, Banana, Yogurt & Mandorle
Raspberry, Banana, Yogurt & Almond Fluffy Pancake

 

The day got off to a grey and dreary start- so I thought I would brighten it up a little with some pancakes- that always does the trick!

And then I gave it a little thought and decided that as I am here on my own... why should I make pancakes (plural), when I can just make myself one big ol' pancake all for myself!?!?


 
 
What looks a little decadent was quite the opposite- and yet... no- it WAS a little decadent... but it wasn't unhealthy! And whaddaya think o' that??!? Good, huh?

 

I was able to nibble on half of the banana as I prepared my little pancake- that's right- to make this I needed only 1/2 of a banana! Add to that 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of flour, 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, a little cinnamon, a handful of raspberries and a good sprinkle of almonds... and you can have a delicious and fluffy pancake in next to no time! The only sugar I added was the powdered sugar on top!

 

The result is simple and fluffy and light. and for my taste sweet enough with only the natural sweetness of the banana, but of course you can always add sugar, honey or stevia if you so prefer- once you have these ingredients in the mix, a good flavor and texture is guaranteed- and the rest is all up to you!

 

You can't get easier than this- mash half of the banana, add the egg yolk, flour, baking powder, yogurt and cinnamon... oh- and turn on the oven to 180°C- I almost forgot!

 
Whilst the oven is warming, stir the ingredients together into a smooth paste and allow to sit for 5 minutes, whilst you whip up the egg whites nice and firm.

 

Add the egg white and fold it gently into the batter... and you are ready to go!

  
 
Pour into a buttered pan and spread out evenly- the batter should be very fluffy and light.

 

Scatter generously with slivered almonds, add the raspberries (not too much- not too little!)- and you are ready to start your pancake frying on the stove top for 3-4 minutes on a moderate heat. just so that the bottom sets- and then into the hot oven it goes!

 

And 5-10 minutes later, it will be fluffy, lightly golden, smelling delicious and just begging to be taken out and to be enjoyed!

 

A generous dusting of powdered sugar was my choice today- although honey or maple syrup would be wonderful too!

 
 
Sweet- but not too sweet, fruity, fluffy and crunchy at the same time... I can think of worse ways to start the day... But I can't think of many that are that much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment