Sunday 9 August 2015

Bowled Over at Breakfast

Fioccchi d'Avena Tostate in Padella con Pistacchio, Burro di Arachide, Cocco, Fichi Secche, Cranberry, Melone Bianco & Yogurt
Pan-Toasted Oatmeal, with Pistachio, Peanut Butter, Coconut, Dried-Figs, Cranberries, Honeydew Melon & Yogurt


Something light, fresh, colorful and healthy for breakfast this morning! This morning, I decided that as I had a lovely, fresh and juicy honeydew melon, I should not be afraid to use it! But not mashed-up and turned into a smooth yor something like that... That's not me!

So I decided to check in the cupboard for whatever else I could find to combine with it... And the result looked a little like this!



No, no, I didn't make enough to feed the five thousand, I just served it up as nicely as I could so that I could share some nice photos with all of you lovely people... Little bowls, little spoons... Little slices of melon... But lots of fun!

 

So, of course, being a singleton and living on my own, it was just one bowlful of oatmeal that I prepared and to make that I needed: 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal, 2 teaspoons each of ground pistachio and grated coconut, 3-4 dried figs, 1 tablespoon of dried cranberries, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, 1 teaspoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and of course yogurt and fresh melon as desired.

 

See, with something like this, you can be healthy and sensible, whilst being decadent and even a little greedy at the same time, because it is all really good for you! Well, at least that is the way that I approached it this morning- hehe!

 

Start off by toasting just half of the oatmeal, pistachio and coconut, together with the dried figs, which should be cut into thin slices. Add cinnamon and keep stirring and toasting for 2 minutes.


Next, add half a cupful of water, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and the cranberries.

 

That small amount of water will help to melt the peanut butter and to rehydrate the dried fruits... Just keep on stirring as it will also cause the oatmeal to swell and clump together... Which is what we want... But still! Keep things moving!

 

Now...because I know you will have been panicking... Add the rest of the oatmeal, coconut and pistachio- this will absorb any excess moisture and you will be able to press down and crumble any larger clumps apart with your wooden spoon.



Last but not least, add a teaspoon of honey and remove the pan from the heat... Stir in quickly and keep on stirring for 1-2 minutes, until everything is lightly coated, then transfer to a tray to cool down before serving.



Serve with a fruit of choice... I had melon this morning as it was in season and it just happened to tickle my fancy, but any kind of berries, or even peaches or apricots would also be wonderful. Add yogurt and a little honey and you have a real treat in store!


Unless you split yours into 3 little servings- hehe! Then you have three real treats in store! Which I hope you will enjoy!

 

Simply wonderful and delicious! 'Nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment