Friday 12 February 2016

Simply Sensational Spaghetti!

Spaghetti con Salami di Cinghiale, Curcuma, Rosmarino & Zenzero
Spaghetti with Wild Boar Salami, Turmeric, Rosemary & Ginger


Pasta dishes- the good ones- are always simple and always rely on just a few good flavors and ingredients to create all the magic. 

This evening, I had the last of a wonderful wild boar salami, which I combined with rosemary, ginger and turmeric to make a simple, but flavorful spaghetti dish- ready in less than 20 minutes- so different and so good!


It takes so little effort and so few ingredients to make wonderful pasta dishes- they can be simple tomato sauces, light dressings or sautéed- but need never cause you any difficulties in the kitchen! I suppose that is one of the many reasons that pasta is one of the most popular foods in the world!


Tonight, I just made myself one single portion of spaghetti- but what a treat it was! To make it, I needed my spaghetti of course and otherwise: about 2-3" of salami, 1 small onion, 1 sprig of rosemary, 1 level teaspoon of turmeric, a little fresh ginger, a little salt and pepper... and that was all!

It is hard for a lot of people to imagine how easy it is to prepare a succulent and tasty pasta dish- it doesn't take loads of olive oil or garlic, there isn't only one way to prepare it and you CAN do just about anything you like... but there is one great method of getting lots of flavor into your pasta and making it work great every time... and that is MY way :-)
This was a really quick dish to prepare- and to do so I chopped up my salami, onion, ginger and rosemary nice and finely whilst the water was boiling for my spaghetti... and as soon as I popped my spaghetti in to boil, I began to fry the other ingredients in no additional fat other than the salami's own, until the onion became golden and the salami became crunchy- 2-3 minutes.

I then added the turmeric and stirred it in with the other ingredients to give it a chance to start cooking- and to develop a lovely rich aroma.


By the time the spaghetti had boiled for around 5-6 minutes, the salami, ginger, turmeric, rosemary and onion had all developed a wonderful rich aroma- more than enough great flavors to transform a simple plate of spaghetti into something out of this world!


I added the spaghetti and plenty of the water it had boiled in, to my other ingredients and continued cooking them together in the frying pan. 

And basically, I just kept on boiling until all of the water had been absorbed by the spaghetti and developed into a silky smooth and flavor-packed coating... delicious! This took a further 3-4 minutes on a high flame, stirring constantly so that the noodles cook through nicely and evenly.



Serve up the pasta, spoon what remains in the pan over the top, grind generously with pepper- and enjoy! 

I purposely did not add cheese to this dish as I wanted to concentrate on the flavor of the salami, ginger and rosemary- but of course, you can feel free to grate yours generously if you so prefer!


But however you decide to enjoy it... you WILL enjoy it! Word!


It doesn't get any better than this!

2 comments:

  1. Da bekommt man gleich Hunger. Das sieht wieder sehr lecker aus.
    Liebe Grüße, Dinkelhexe Renate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich freue mich sehr das es Dir gefällt liebe Renate! LG, Francesco

    ReplyDelete